Family law attorneys in Las Vegas handle some of the most important cases that go through the local court system. Your family relationships are precious and they are private, but there are many circumstances in which you must interact with the law and with the courts in order to protect or strengthen those relationships or to resolve disputes that arise. When you have a legal issue that involves your spouse, your children or other family members, you need a legal advocate you can trust.
At Hofland & Tomsheck, our attorneys have nearly two decades of experience representing clients in all types of family law matters. We treat every family law case with the importance that it deserves and we are here to help ensure you have the best chance of the outcome you desire. Call today to schedule a consultation with an experienced family law attorney in Las Vegas to learn how we can represent your interests and to get answers to important questions including:
- What types of cases do Las Vegas family law attorneys handle?
- How does family law in Las Vegas apply to my marriage, my separation or my rights to my children?
- How can Las Vegas family law attorneys help me?
Nevada law bestows many rights and responsibilities on individuals within families and there are many regulations governing legal relationships between spouses or between parents, grandparents and children. When you have a family law issue, you need a family law attorney in Las Vegas that has experience with the type of case that affects you.
At Hofland & Tomsheck, some of the many different family law cases we handle include:
In every case, our Las Vegas family law attorneys keep you informed, we explain your options, we work to preserve your relationships and reduce stress, and we fight to get you the outcome that works best for you and your family.Nevada Family Laws on Marriage, Separation, Divorce and Parental Rights
Nevada has many laws that relate to spouses, parents, grandparents and children. For example, adoption laws dictate what a birth mother and father must do to legally place their children with adoptive parents, while annulments and divorce laws set the rules for what happens when couples end their marital relationship.
No matter what your situation, it is imperative that you know how family law in Las Vegas applies to you. For divorcing couples, for example, Nevada is a community property state so each of the spouses is entitled to 50 percent of marital assets. Custody is always decided based on the best interests of the child, and this is true whether the case relates to parental rights for mothers, parental rights for fathers or grandparents rights.
These laws on divorce are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to how family courts govern family relationships. You need a legal advocate guiding you, helping you understand how the law applies and ensuring that you are protected under the law.How Can Las Vegas Family Law Attorneys Help Me?
The type of assistance that you will receive from Las Vegas family law attorneys varies depending on the specifics of your case. At Hofland & Tomsheck, our attorneys can:
- Represent clients including parents and grandparents in custody disputes. We help protect parental rights for fathers and mothers, help to prove paternity and even handle complex questions related to international custody.
- Represent birth parents or adoptive parents when a child is formally adopted into a new family
- Represent clients during divorce, helping to negotiate an out-of-court settlement or litigate issues related to custody, child support, spousal support, debt and asset division
- Assist clients in drafting prenuptial or post-marital agreements and in fighting for or against the enforcement of such agreements
These are just some of the many legal services that we can provide. The family court system is set up to govern how family members interact with each other when disputes arise, as well as to give legal effect to the bonds of love between families. The system can work for you to protect the most important relationships in your life, but only if you have the right Las Vegas family law attorney guiding you. Contact us today to learn how we can help you.
- Child Abduction
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Complex Property Division
- Grandparent Rights
- International Custody And Visitation
- Parental Rights For Fathers
- Parental Rights For Mothers
- Prenuptial / Premarital Agreements
- Temporary Restraining Orders
- Visitation Modification