Annulments are relatively rare, especially compared to the frequency of divorce. For some people, it’s important to be aware of annulments as an option and to have an idea on what annulments entail.
Annulments are most often sought under one of the following circumstances:
- Fraud (for instance, if one person was already married at the time of the marriage or otherwise deceived his or her partner)
- Lack of capacity (for instance, if one person was insane or drunk at the time of the marriage)
- Religious reasons (in instances where divorce is not considered a viable option)
Are you considering pursuing an annulment in Nevada or California? Do you have questions regarding your annulment rights? Contact Hofland & Tomsheck at (702) 487-9691 or (877) 825-1554.
Though there is no strict time limit on annulments, they are usually pursued soon after a marriage is performed. If you have questions regarding annulments or wish to proceed in pursuing one, the attorneys of the Las Vegas law firm of Hofland & Tomsheck can provide experienced assistance. Our team:
- Has several decades of combined experience in family law
- Is comprised of experienced and effective litigators
- Includes a court-appointed guardian ad litem, provides pro bono family law legal services and includes a former law clerk with the family law courts
We can meet with you, discuss your concerns, provide counsel and, when advisable, handle all of the legal aspects involved in completing the annulment of your marriage.Contact UsFor experienced legal representation, contact Hofland & Tomsheck. We offer free initial consultations and are available for evening and weekend appointments. We also charge reasonable rates and accept credit cards. We handle all personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. Our offices are conveniently located in downtown Las Vegas, just steps away from the federal and state courthouses. To contact our Las Vegas law firm, call (702) 895-6760 or e-mail our office.