Picture of Hofland & Tomsheck

Divorce Appeals

Appealing A Divorce In Nevada

So your divorce decree was finalized, but you have reason to believe that the property division, spousal support, child custody or child support detailed in the divorce decree should be appealed, perhaps for one of these reasons:

  • The decision of the court does not comply with legal precedents in Nevada.
  • It is discovered after the trial that assets were not disclosed or were hidden.
  • Your attorney did not provide effective counsel.

Some aspects of a divorce decree that seem inappropriate after the fact can be corrected with a petition for a post decree modification. Asset division, however, is normally not addressed through a post decree modification. Rather, a divorce appeal is necessary to seek a revision of the allocation of property as described in the divorce decree.

Contact us if you’re wondering, “Do I have valid reasons to ask for a retrial because of incorrect interpretations of the law contained in my divorce decree?” Our years of experience as family law attorneys, civil litigation attorneys and appellate lawyers will help in the analysis needed to determine an answer.

Hofland & Tomsheck handles divorce appeals for our own family law clients when circumstances warrant a retrial for them. We also handle divorce appeals for individuals who seek us out and for people whose attorneys referred them to us. We are proud of our solid reputation that brings us new divorce appeal clients regularly.

Appeal A Divorce Decree · Contact A Las Vegas Divorce Appeals AttorneyContact UsFor experienced legal representation, contact Hofland & Tomsheck. We offer free initial consultations and are available for evening and weekend appointments. We also charge reasonable rates and accept credit cards. We handle all personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. Our offices are conveniently located in downtown Las Vegas, just steps away from the federal and state courthouses. To contact our Las Vegas law firm, call (702) 895-6760 or e-mail our office.