Animal Attacks Dog Bites
A serious dog bite can be a major medical emergency. Prompt treatment may be necessary to prevent infection, mend lacerations and maximize the chances that the victim will recover fully. Common consequences of a dog bite injury include the following:
- Urgent need for stitches and treatment with antibiotics
- Possible infection with rabies or other diseases or bacteria
- Potential scarring
- Potential loss of function of an affected body part such as an eye or a muscle
- Possible need for plastic surgery, soon after the bite injury or in the future
- Psychological trauma
- Possible loss of wages due to time off work
Hofland & Tomsheck , a Las Vegas personal injury law firm, handles a wide range of injury cases involving serious and catastrophic injuries. Our attorneys welcome the opportunity to evaluate your dog bite injury in Nevada as soon as possible. Was your child mauled by a pit bull or attacked by a vicious dog of any breed? The sooner we are involved, the more straightforward your case for compensation may be.
The sooner we can review the circumstances of the attack, the more likely we’ll have access to eyewitnesses, insurance policies, physical surroundings and the dog itself. We will investigate to find out who the dog owner is, who owns the property where the dog bite occurred, what insurance coverage both have, whether any negligence occurred and other important factors.
Our Nevada personal injury lawyers are also available to advise and represent people injured in any type of incident or accident involving any animal, including the following:
- Attack by a snake or other exotic animal
- Bicycle or motorcycle accident caused by an animal loose in the road